Sunday, July 06, 2008

Housekeeping

It's a bit chill and overcast in the real world, so I've been doing some clean-up on the virtual Grubb Street today. In the process I've taken everything over from Blogger's old busted-down "templates" to their new-fangled "layouts". And in doing so I am striving to make the new version look pretty much like the old version. And I think I'm close.

One thing that really bothers me is it feels like there is too much space between the body copy of these entries and the sidebar column. (Or to be more accurate - the sidebar column is too wide). I'm not sure about how to tighten this up, and if anyone has the knowledge, drop me a line.

Also, I'm taking recommendations on counters. I had one up here as an experiment, but it just measured concurrency (number of people looking at the page at any one time), not hits. The old one did have a nifty "heat" map, which said that most of the people tuning in were the US East of the Mississippi and small patches in the Pacific NW and Northern Europe. Which was cool and all, but not what I was looking for.

The new draft has many of the old links in place, and along with that a bloglist for new entries for some of the contributors. We'll see how this one works out.

So if you're not getting this in any sane fashion, or have further suggestions, drop me an email (under the photo) and I'll see what can be done.

More later,